Monday, August 20, 2007

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

I have today filed a request for information with Commissioner Ray Kelly of the New York Police Department under FOIL, New York's Freedom of Information Law.

After explaining to Mr. Kelly that we constantly witness accidents on the BQE from our window, I requested that he take a personal interest in the problem at hand.

Next, I detailed the accident information that I seek: number of vehicular accidents, number of injured persons, number of fatalities, and also the average traffic patterns at the following locations:

a. the ramp that I can see from our house, viz. the on-ramp to the westward BQE just north of Congress Street;


for comparative purposes, I have also asked for information for two other ramps that seem to have substantially safer designs:

b. the on-ramp for westward traffic on the BQE at Hicks and Vine, and

c. the on-ramp for eastward traffic on the Prospect Expressway at 19th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.

For the complete text of my FOIL request, please click here.

No comments: